SBPT Stop #3: Perks of Being a Booknerd's Favorite Romance Books!



Welcome to the second post of the 2016 Summer Blogger Promo Tour! This is a summer-long event we created to find a way to promote a whole bunch of new bloggers while also making a bunch of new friends. If you're interested in learning more about how the tour works, you can click here

Today I'm here with Kat from Perks of Being a Book Nerd, and she's going to answer some interview questions about what got her into blogging. Without further ado, here she is!

About Kat


mee

Hello!! My name is Katheryn. I don't really like saying my age because it's a far cry than what I behave. >_< I live in England. I'm a reader, a writer, and I hope to one day be published. I'm working on something right now. (shhhh it's a secret!) I prefer YA but I do read some adult contemporary and non-fiction ( though those will be autobiographies.) 

Kat's Top 5 Favorite YA Romances!

1: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

I've read this book a good 4 times, I believe. It's my go-to choice if I'm in a reading slump, and need something light and fun. It never fails to make me smile and giggle, it's so sweet. I love the setting - Paris! And how tentative Anna is with everything, slow to build and then she's got all these friends and a romance with St Clair. Man, I love him! Back off, Anna. :P 

2: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Another one I go-to when in a slump. I love how relatable Cath is, with her writing fanfic (which is something I used to do/sort of do when I can) and how obsessed she is with fandoms. It's so fun, and makes me feel not alone in this world. Her and Levi are one of the cutest couples around in YA, In my opinion.

3: The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

I read this years ago, and haven't read it since, sadly. No, don't get me wrong, I want to. I just don't have the book anymore. It's a long story. And I never got around to buying another copy. lol. I remember how much this book made me cry. Cry a lot, I did. Hazel and Augustus's relationship was pure and sweet and I fell into that hole of hopelessness. Them both being so ill, and fate having it that one of them was obviously going to die, It was hard to stay positive. Still, I tried. Yet that ending killed me.

4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 

I couldn't do this top 5 and NOT have a Morgan Matson book in it! No. I love her writing so much, and she somehow manages to make characters likeable and funny and sweet and just everything you want in a YA romance. It was one of those romances that made me grin like crazy and I really wanna reread it...if only I had a copy to hand. 

5: These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

This isn't exactly a contemporary romance, or anything, and technically it's more science fiction - so I put it last in this list. Tarver and Lilac come from separate ends of society and despite how they obviously have deep feelings for each other, a lot of bickering goes on and truths to get out in the open. It made me eager  and hopeful, how the tension grew like crazy. I don't know how I survived, let alone them.

I'd like to thank Kat for introducing herself and choosing such great romance books for today's post on the Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Check back next week for a Waiting on Sunday with another blogger!

Also check out some of our previous Summer Blogger Promo Tour 2016 posts:


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️