Waiting on Wednesday: This is Where the World Ends

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event where we highlight the upcoming releases that we can't wait to read! Do your own Waiting on Wednesday post and put your link in the comments down below so we can stop by and check it out!

This week, Jessica is waiting on...

24039424

Title: This is Where the World Ends
Author: Amy Zhang
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: March 22nd, 2016
Summary: Janie and Micah, Micah and Janie. That’s how it’s been ever since elementary school, when Janie Vivian moved next door. Janie says Micah is everything she is not. Where Micah is shy, Janie is outgoing. Where Micah loves music, Janie loves art. It’s the perfect friendship, as long as no one finds out about it. But when Janie is date-raped by the most popular guy in school—a guy she’s had a crush on for years—she finds herself ostracized by all the people she thought were her friends. Now only Micah seems to believe she’s telling the truth. But when even Micah expresses doubt about whether or not she was “asking for it,” it leads to disastrous consequences, and Janie Vivian goes missing.
I read Falling into Place by Amy Zhang, and I absolutely loved her writing style. So I'm more than excited to find out that there is another book that she's putting out for people to read! I think the summary of this book is pretty interesting, too - especially because it deals with rape culture, which is a topic that is very hot in society right now, and even one of my potential senior thesis topics. So I can't wait to get a copy of this book and here's to hoping I can snag an ARC!!! :D

Comment down below and tell me what you're waiting on this week so I can check out your post!


3 comments

  1. I heard Amy's debut was wonderful, so I have no doubt this one will be as well. The covers seem to go together too, no?

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this books sounds really good – emotional, but definitely a powerful read. I'll have to keep an eye out for it :) Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, this sounds like a fantastic contemporary to keep an eye on, I had totally missed it! Thank you for sharing Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️