Seizing the (Rainy) Tuesday - #LetsAllGetLost!

Seize the Tuesday is a book blogger meme created by author Adi Alsaid and the Let’s Get Lost Buddies Street Team, to share stories about how we’ve seized the Tuesday, with a special focus on the particular book we’re reading. We’ll share our posts online with the hashtag: #LetsAllGetLost
The idea is to share little ways in which you may have embraced Bree’s motto of seizing the Tuesday. To relate it to books, you can talk about what book you’re reading, and how you stole some moments from the day to enjoy reading. It doesn’t have to be about reading, but we all know that a well-read day is a day seized. The idea is not just to help spread the word on LGL, but also to remind people to live fully, even/especially if that means spending a part of your day reading.

First off, you can read my review of Let's Get Lost here!
Now, onto how I've been seizing the Tuesday. Today was nothing special - a typical rainy, drizzly Tuesday in the day of the life of an average high schooler. When I got home from school, drenched and shivering from the chilly rain and exhausted and miserable at the thought of all of the homework I had waiting for me, I decided to...just not. 
That's right. I, the 4.0 GPA nerd who's a stickler for rules and doing the right thing, put down my homework and took a nap. After that was accomplished and I felt much better than before, powered through my homework and my blogging/NaNoWriMo duties, and then moved on to the best part of my day: reading.
Right now I'm currently reading Love Letters to the Dead by Amy Dellaira, which I've been excited to read for the longest time. (For those of you who don't know, it's a novel told solely in letters to famous (and some not-so-famous) dead people from a girl named Laurel struggling to cope with loss of her own.) It's a really good book and I totally recommend it to anyone looking for another interesting read!
Reading is my favorite part of the day by far, especially when it's a chilly, gray, rainy fall day like this. I have a whole ritual, too, being an OCD book nerd and all...I come in, light my Pumpkin Cupcake scented candle (oh my gosh it makes my room smell fantabulous and sweet and amazing but that's a story for another time), change into comfy clothes, and curl up on my bed with my little beagle Lola Belle (although, sadly, she's illiterate and just joins me for the company, not the story), and I take out my book and read. And read. And read. I can read all the way through my afternoon, through dinner, and up until I have to go to sleep. It's the most blissful way to unwind and relax. I can't imagine anything better. 
While we're still on the topic of seizing small moments of the day, another way I enjoy sneaking time to myself in is during class. (I know, I know, this makes me sound so horrible and I can already hear the chorus of Oh my gosh Jessica you're a 4.0 Ivy-League bound student who doesn't pay attention in class?!, and you can just relax with that right this second because I don't waste my entire class period not paying attention.
See, since I'm a writer and us writers tend to get inspiration at the oddest of times (some of my favorite personal experiences were while food shopping, at mass, in a corn maze and at 3:00am on a weeknight (weekmorning?)), I've made a habit of carrying around a tiny pocket-sized marble notebook in my bag and jotting down ideas when the time is right. Today in class, (trigonometry, to be exact), I finished my work early and was wasting my time staring out the window when I had a brilliant idea for a plot point in my 2014 NaNoWriMo story. (And let us just reflect on the fact that NANOWRIMO IS TEN DAYS AWAY AND I'M STILL PROCRASTINATING YIKES.) 
So, I managed to take some time in the silence of the classroom to reflect and think and work on my story. It was definitely a productive way to use my time, because as much as we all don't want to think so, staring outside of a window daydreaming in class is super counter-intuitive.
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize I've been rambling. WHAT HAVE I DONE? DID I DO THIS RIGHT?
Oh gosh, I'm a failure.
Oh no.
Well, before I embarrass myself any more, I'm going to call it a day. This Seize the Tuesday reflection post was exactly what I needed today, and I'll definitely be contributing to more of them!
What did you do today, and how did you seize your Tuesday? Comment down below or put up a post of your own and Tweet it with the hashtag #LetsAllGetLost!



No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️